- Coverage hours: 24/7, 365 days a year
- Contact Methods: Phone: (860)723-0221, Help Desk website: Chat, Create Case
- Services Covered: Blackboard, myCommNet, Banner Self Service, Office 365, NetID Support / Password Resets, Wireless, Library, WebEx.
- Login Issues (Mac & PC): Clear your browser’s cache, close browser and re-open
- Kaltura 3rd Party Cookies Issues: Enable 3rd Party Cookies (works for Blackboard, too)
Your Blackboard course has brought you to this page to find additional support or to learn about resources and services available to you. If you cannot find the information or solution here please use the Support Contacts below.
- Check the “To-Do”List for Blackboard and Online Course Readiness Steps
- Watch! How to Navigate your Course in Blackboard
- Using Blackboard – Video Tutorials
- Reset Forgotten Password (self reset)
- Get Help via the Online Student HelpDesk (password resets and other help)
The Connecticut Community Colleges offer the ability to obtain official transcripts in an electronic format (eTranscript). Current and former students will be able to request official eTranscripts to be sent to other educational institutions, potential employers, or any other appropriate entities. eTranscripts are often deliverable within 24 hours.
Keep up to date on semester start/end dates, class add/drop information, and withdrawal deadline dates through the Academic Calendar.
Student Handbook & Policy on Student Conduct
All students should examine the Asnuntuck Community College Student handbook which is your resource for services, College policies, and programs.
The Academic Tutoring Center offers free, professional tutoring, both on-campus and online, to Asnuntuck students taking courses at Asnuntuck. Call us at 860-253-3164, email email@example.com, follow us on Instagram @acctutoringcenter, or subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Asynchronous writing tutoring is available from The Academic Tutoring Center via our Paper Submission Service. This option allows students who may not have time to schedule a 1:1 session to get written feedback on assignments from a professional writing tutor at ACC. The submission form can be found at the following link https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=ePidZ3onakmsjdmeWGBt2earJ4Lw-ZBOi6EU-ZoTpi9UNkw2WVZUMjREREZaNTlGRU1WVTk0T1RRTi4u
The ACC college library research databases are are also available to ALL current students through myCommNet. To access these search databases:
Log into myCommNet
Click My Library Info tab at top
The Board of Regents supplies all students in the community colleges a “mail.ct.edu” email account. All official correspondence emanating from the college (Financial Aid, Admissions, faculty, Blackboard, etc.) will be sent to this email address.
- Frequently asked questions about Office 365/Student email
- Learn how to manage email – including forwarding to another account (YouTube playlist)
Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus is available to all active Community College students for download on up to 5 computers at a time during the length of their educational career. Versions for Windows and Mac are available.
In-Person Support at Asnuntuck is available through the Ed. Tech. Department.
Contact: Katie O’Connell
24/7 Support is available at the CT Community Colleges Online HelpDesk (phone and online support available).