- Coverage hours: 24/7, 365 days a year
- Contact Methods: Phone: (860)723-0221, Help Desk website: Chat, Create Case
- Services Covered: Blackboard, myCommNet, Banner Self Service, Office 365, NetID Support / Password Resets, Wireless, Library, WebEx.
- Login Issues (Mac & PC): Clear your browser’s cache, close browser and re-open
- Kaltura 3rd Party Cookies Issues: Enable 3rd Party Cookies (works for Blackboard, too)
Your Blackboard course has brought you to this page to find additional support or to learn about resources and services available to you. If you cannot find the information or solution here please use the Support Contacts below.
- Check the “To-Do”List for Blackboard and Online Course Readiness Steps
- Watch! How to Navigate your Course in Blackboard
- Using Blackboard – Video Tutorials
- Reset Forgotten Password (self reset)
- Get Help via the Online Student HelpDesk (password resets and other help)
The Connecticut Community Colleges offer the ability to obtain official transcripts in an electronic format (eTranscript). Current and former students will be able to request official eTranscripts to be sent to other educational institutions, potential employers, or any other appropriate entities. eTranscripts are often deliverable within 24 hours.
Keep up to date on semester start/end dates, class add/drop information, and withdrawal deadline dates through the Academic Calendar.
Student Handbook & Policy on Student Conduct
All students should examine the Asnuntuck Community College Student handbook which is your resource for services, College policies, and programs.
Online Tutoring: Asnuntuck students can participate in an online tutoring network. You will need your Net ID number (banner ID) and password to log in. Once you create an account and set up a username and password, you will have access to live and email-based tutoring and other helpful tutorials.
On Campus Tutoring: The Academic Tutoring Center is located in Room 119 (Inside the Library). Stop by or call (860) 253-3164 to make an appointment. Check out the hours of operation.
The ACC college library research databases are are also available to ALL current students through myCommNet. To access these search databases:
Log into myCommNet
Click My Library Info tab at top
The Board of Regents supplies all students in the community colleges a “mail.ct.edu” email account. All official correspondence emanating from the college (Financial Aid, Admissions, faculty, Blackboard, etc.) will be sent to this email address.
- Frequently asked questions about Office 365/Student email
- Learn how to manage email – including forwarding to another account (YouTube playlist)
Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus is available to all active Community College students for download on up to 5 computers at a time during the length of their educational career. Versions for Windows and Mac are available.
In-Person Support at Asnuntuck is available through the Ed. Tech. Department.
Contact: Katie O’Connell
24/7 Support is available at the CT Community Colleges Online HelpDesk (phone and online support available).