Scholarships for SNAP Recipients

If you are a Connecticut resident and presently receive SNAP assistance, you may be eligible to enroll in one of our healthcare career certificate programs at no cost!

We are proud to be able to offer these federally-funded scholarships, which are administered through the state’s Department of Social Services. You can visit their website to find out more about who is eligible for SNAP assistance.

Gain a career in less than a year

With a nearly 100 percent graduation rate and job placements/externships at upwards of 80 percent, Asnuntuck’s Healthcare Career Certificate programs can help you break new ground professionally in just a few weeks or months. And your tuition costs may be covered!

The following certificates are included in this scholarship program:

  • Nail Technician
  • Basic & Advanced Esthetician
  • Medical Billing & Coding
  • Certified Pharmacy Technician
  • Veterinary Assistant
  • Dental Assistant
  • Ophthalmic Assistant
  • Certified Sterilization Technician
  • Emergency Medical Technician
  • Personal Trainer National Certification
  • Patient Care Technician Assistant

There are some restrictions on who is eligible for these scholarships (for instance, SNAP recipients receiving TANF, Temporary Aid To Needy Families, funds are not). Contact our Continuing Education office.


USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)    mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)        fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)          email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.