Veterans are a big part of the Asnuntuck community! You will find support, resources, and camaraderie here.

Veterans / Oasis Center

Nationally Ranked Top 20% Veteran Friendly SchoolsMilitary Friendly Schools 2012


The Veterans Oasis Center
The center is a place solely for veteran students to study, relax, and meet other veteran students.  You can use the computers to prepare for classes, watch a movie on the large screen TV or enjoy a cup of coffee before class.  You can participate in programs and services that will help you access supportive veterans’ programs through State and Federal agencies to encourage success in the academic setting.

Veterans Task Force
Asnuntuck cares about its veterans.  The Task Force is comprised of faculty, staff, and student veterans who want to ensure the needs of our students are being met.

Student Veterans Society
Get involved!  Meet and work with other veterans to create programming and events geared toward veteran students.  Advocate on the behalf of student veterans at the institutional, local, state, and national level.

Veterans’ Forms

Asnuntuck New Veterans’ Checklist
Please use the above link for step-by-step directions to become a veteran student at ACC.

Enrollment Contract

Please complete and submit this form each semester and return to Beth Egan to be certified.

Veterans’ Resources

Asnuntuck Veterans Certifying Officer
Beth Egan, Financial Aid Office 860.253.3024

Student Veterans Society
Jim Wilkinson, Faculty Area A  860.253.3181

Department of Veterans Affairs

Connecticut Department of Veterans Affairs
Veterans’ Info Line 866.9CT.VETS (866.928.8387)

Military One Source

Student Veterans of America

Veterans’ Educational Programs/Benefits

VA regulations require that all students receiving VA educational benefits meet the College’s satisfactory academic progress (SAP) standard and the College’s academic standing policy as stated in the college catalog.  Students who are suspended will be reported to the Veterans Administration and be ineligible for Veterans Benefits.  Students who appeal their academic suspension and may be attending in a non-matriculated status are ineligible for Veterans Benefits during the appeal process.  Should the appeal be successful, benefits will be awarded retroactively for the attendance period to which the appeal applies.

CT Tuition Waivers or National Guard Tuition Assistance
The payment of 100% of tuition (General Fund courses) shall be waived for any veteran having served on active duty in time of war as defined in section 27-103(a) of the General Statutes, provided that the veteran was honorably discharged or released under honorable conditions from active service in the armed forces; and, is a resident of Connecticut at the time of registration.  A (DD 214, Separation from active duty), or

(DD 215, Separation from active duty amended) is sufficient proof of separation status. Documentation must be presented to the Financial Aid Office.

Connecticut National Guard Tuition Assistance – CT National Guard members will need to file an application with their unit before the beginning of each semester. The Certificate of Eligibility that is issued from the CT National Guard must be on file in the Financial Aid Office before the registration process can be completed.

Note:  Tuition waivers are not provided for Summer Session, Winter Intersession, or Credit-Free Courses.

Veterans’ Educational Programs/Benefits
For returning active duty, National Guard and Reserve Service members, visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website at for specific information regarding VA Education Programs, Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33 Post 9/11, 34, 35, 1606, and 1607.  Register to “Ask a Question” on Right-Now-Web if you are unable to find your answer in the general information section.  Most VA Forms for students concerning educational assistance, including the initial Application for Benefits, can be downloaded from the education form section of this website.  Or, call the toll-free telephone number 888.442.4551 (at prompt hit 1 to indicate touch-tone and then hit 0) to reach an Educational Case Manager.

In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA.  This school will not:

·         Prevent the students enrollment; Assess a late penalty fee to;

·         Require student secure alternative or additional funding;

·         Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.

However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:

·         Provide Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility (or its equivalent) or for Chapter 31, VA VR&E’s contract with the school on VA Form 28-1905 by the first day of class. 

 Note: Chapter 33 students can register at the VA Regional Office to use E-Benefits to get the equivalent of a Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility. Chapter 31 student cannot get a completed VA Form 28-1905 (or any equivalent) before the VA VR&E case-manager issues it to the school.

·         Provide written request to be certified;

·         Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies 

A search engine for approved, in-state, residential training programs is at and a search engine to find all training facilities which have approved programs can be found at

General inquiries about VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment services should be addressed to 800.827.1000.  Information and the application can be obtained from the VA website at Applications should be sent to the local office at VA Hartford Office, P.O. Box 310909, Newington, CT 06131-0909.

Connecticut Department of Veterans’ Affairs – Veterans’ Info Line – 866.9CT.VETS (866.928.8387) or visit

Need to translate your Military Experience to Civilian Experience?
Below is a link that will help you.