Fall 2018 New Certificate!
Certified Medical Office Skills Certificate
The Certified Administrative Medical Office Skills Certificate is a 15 credit certificate designed for students interested in working in the medical office with a focus on front office functions. Integral parts of the job duties include handling valuable medical documentation such as appointment scheduling, correspondence, medical billing and coding, knowledge of insurance, and adhering to privacy laws Individuals should enjoy performing administrative duties, and most careers in medical office require strong computer and data entry skills. This field involves interaction with patients and providers and requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people. The Certified Administrative Medical Office Skills Certificate consists of five courses and prepares the student to sit for the national Certificate Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exam.
- Demonstrate an understanding of medical office administrative duties such as scheduling, medical records management, and telephone triage.
- Apply current medical insurance guidelines in billing and the use of ICD-10 and CPT coding.
- Operate computer software programs for use in a medical office.
- Recall and articulate medical terminology and healthcare abbreviations.
- Describe the organization of health care delivery systems and the health care insurance industry.
- Recognize and use the components of an electronic medical record.