I was part of the the UCONN Guaranteed Admission Program and it was an easy transition to the university!
Liberal Arts (A.A.)
This program provides a broad background in humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and mathematics. It, in conjunction with early advising from four-year institutions, provides a good transfer program.
The Liberal Arts program provides a broad background in humanitites, social sciences, natural sciences, and mathematics. Upon completion of a liberal arts associates’s degress, graduates are able to:
- Reason quantitatively;
- Communicate clearly both through speaking and writing;
- Think critically and creatively;
- Work in groups;
- Apply information literacy to inquriy-based learning;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the complexity of human cultures;
- Express knowledge of the natural world;
- Possess an academic foundation for transfer to four year institutions of higher education; and
- Understand civic responsibility.
The curriculum is specifically designed to fulfill general education requirements typically required by four-year institutions. This degree provides a good framework for the maximum transferability of courses. Students transfer successfully to the Connecticut State Universities and are able to utilize transfer equivalencies and advising resources. The transfer counselor can always be consulted when transferring.
The Associate Degree gained from either General Studies or Liberal Arts may lead to advancement of employment as well as an increase in earnings.