A legal secretary is an administrative assistant trained exclusively in the field of law.
A legal secretary is an administrative assistant trained exclusively in the field of law. Legal secretaries are proficient at handling all administrative duties within a law office or legal department setting. Legal secretaries possess excellent judgment and make important decisions within the scope of their duties on a daily basis. Legal Secretaries are employed in a number of settings, including law firms and legal departments within private corporations, insurance companies and real estate firms.
This training program provides the skills needed to succeed as a Legal Assistant including how to:
- Arrange for the delivery of legal paperwork
- Type correspondence and legal paperwork
- Transcribe court proceedings and other recorded meetings
- Schedule, coordinate and confirm court dates, appointments, and meetings
- Conduct research in legal matters
According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for a legal secretary in 2018 was $46,360.