Library Hours & Services
On ground Hours:
Monday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Tuesday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Monday through Thursday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Help with Research
If you need help with your research you can:
- speak with a librarian at the reference desk
- call the Reference Desk at 860-253-3170
- email us at Ask a Reference Librarian
- make an appointment with a librarian
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) – Ordering books and or articles from other libraries
If you cannot find what you need in the Library collection–we can get you materials from other libraries in CT and beyond. Our Interlibrary loan (ILL)service in support of learning, teaching and research is available to all current ACC students, staff and faculty.
This service is also extended as a courtesy to retired ACC staff and faculty. All other Library users in need of interlibrary loan service are asked to contact their local public library. For more information, please read our interlibrary loan policy.
Your suggestions for building our collections are not only welcome but essential. Your suggestions for additions to our collections including books, periodicals/journals, databases and media materials can be submitted via Online Purchase Request
Scheduling Information Literacy Instruction (IL) (faculty only)
Reference librarians will provide scheduled classroom instruction sessions on effective research using both ACC resources and web resources–tailored to the specific needs of your class and your students. IL sessions can be scheduled in your classroom or in computer labs. To request an IL session, please submit an Online IL Request Form to the Library.
Putting Materials on Reserve (faculty only)
To put material(s) on reserve for your students, please complete this Reserves Form and submit it along with the reserve items to the main service desk at the library.
Information Literacy Instruction
The Library offers Information Literacy (IL) Instruction. You may request the following:
- Electronic Classroom instruction—we meet with you and your class in one of the Computer Labs, where we demonstrate the Library website, our online catalog, and our databases. This includes hands-on work with the students, and may be followed by a tour of the Library.
- Other Formats—mutually agreed upon by the instructor and the librarian.
- REMINDER—ENGLISH 101 INSTRUCTORS—Information Literacy instruction is a required component of your course.
Requests for Information Literacy Instruction should be submitted at least one week in advance.
A copy of your course syllabus, research assignments, sources you might expect your students to find in the Library, and/or any other pertinent information should be sent to us at least two business days prior to the session.
We will be happy to accomodate your time limitations.
We strongly suggest that you stay with your classes during IL sessions. IL sessions are collaborative efforts requiring the active presence of both the faculty and librarians. Your participation is beneficial to students, and underlines the importance of these sessions.
Thanks for requesting Library Information Literacy Instruction for your class(es). Please feel free to contact us in person, by phone, or by e-mail to discuss IL, and any special needs you may have.
Qiong Zou 860-253-3172
The adaptive technology area of the Library was established in 2004 with major funding from a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant awarded by the Connecticut State Library.
Asnuntuck students, faculty, staff, and area residents can use the following hardware and software, whether or not they have a disability or a special need.
- Kurzweil 3000: for taking notes, preparing for tests, vocabulary development, and for listening to text being read instead of reading silently
- ClearView 500: a desktop video magnification system that assists people with low vision. Text and objects can be magnified in different colors, with adjustable brightness and contrast.
ADA Standards for Accessible Design
Training on how to use the adaptive technology area is available.