Continuing Student Advising
During the fall and spring semesters, CONTINUING students should schedule a meeting with their assigned Faculty Advisor. Your Faculty Advisor is assigned to you based on your program of study. We strongly encourage you to meet with your assigned faculty advisor while they are on contract during the semester to discuss program requirements, academic and career goals, sequencing, etc.
During summer and winter break, continuing students can meet with an Academic Advisor in the Center for Advising & Student Achievement. Click SCHEDULE AN ADVISING APPOINTMENT to set up an appointment with an Academic Advisor.
Continuing Student FAQs
Who is my Faculty Advisor?
- Instructions on how to find your Faculty Advisor can be found here.
How do I contact my Faculty Advisor?
- Your Assigned Faculty Advisor may allow online scheduling on Starfish. Under “My Success Network” in Starfish, click on your advisor’s profile. If your advisor has a “Schedule Appointment” link in their profile, you can set up an appointment online.
- Students can also connect with their Faculty Advisor through email. You can find your Faculty Advisor’s contact information in the Directory, or simply log into your Office 365 email, create a new message, and type your advisor’s name in the “To” field. The email address will appear in the “To” field.
Some steps to take to prepare for your appointment are:
- Fill out your Starfish Intake Survey
- Review the Pre-Advising Student Checklist
- Read the Steps to a Successful Advising Session
Contact information for campus employees is available via the Directory.
The most recent listing of Office Hours can be found here. Please check with the Faculty member to ensure dates and times are accurate.
Looking for a form? You may be able to find it here.