Advising Appointment Scheduling
New Students – In order to best assist you in the advising process, please carefully follow these steps:
Step 1: Have I submitted PLACEMENT scores (SAT/ACT/Accuplacer/G.P.A.) to Admissions?
- If you have NOT submitted placement scores to Admissions, please visit https://asnuntuck.edu/admissions/how-to-enroll/placement/ or contact the Admissions Office at AS-Admissions@Asnuntuck.edu.
- Are you transferring in credit? English and Math courses from an accredited institution should be evaluated to see if they will count as prerequisites for college-level English and Math or transfer in as the English and Math requirements in your program. To transfer in credit from another accredited college/university, you must submit OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS to the Admissions Office along with an Application for Transfer Credit.
- If transferring in Advanced Placement (AP) or Credit for Prior Learning (CLEP), you must submit official scores to the Admissions Office along with an Application for Transfer Credit.
Step 2: Can I log into myCommNet?
- If you have not yet logged in to myCommNet and/or need assistance, please click on the following links for assistance.
- If you cannot reset your password or need further assistance, please call the I.T. Help Desk: (860) 723-0221
Step 3: Have I completed my Starfish Intake Survey?
1. Log on to my.commnet.edu, then click on the Starfish login link.
2. Click on your name. In the drop down menu, you will see INTAKE. Complete the Intake survey. Be sure to write down any questions you may have and remember to bring them to your meeting with the Academic Advisor!
***If you answered YES to Steps 1, 2, and 3, please proceed to Step 4.***
Step 4: Complete the New Student Remote Advising Request.
- Upon submission of the form, you will receive a link to the ASPIRE workshop. Then, once you watch the ASPIRE video and complete the quiz, you will be provided with a link to make an appointment with an Academic Advisor.
Options for remote advising may include:
- Your school email address
- Microsoft Teams*
*MS Teams Meetings: If you are using a computer or laptop, you will need to download the Office 365 apps, which will include Teams. The Office 365 apps are available to you for free. For more information, please see the CSCU IT Office 365 User Guide. If you are using a cell phone or tablet, you can download the Microsoft Teams App. The Microsoft Office website can provide you with more information and send you a download link directly to your device. If you do not want to download Microsoft Teams, an advisor can email you an appointment that will include a phone number and conference ID. You can call the number to speak to an Academic Advisor over the phone without the Teams app.
- During the fall and spring semesters, CONTINUING students should schedule a meeting with their assigned Faculty Advisor. Your Faculty Advisor is assigned to you based on your program of study. We strongly encourage you to meet with your assigned faculty advisor while they are on contract during the semester to discuss program requirements, academic and career goals, sequencing, etc.
- During summer and winter break, continuing students can meet with an Academic Advisor in the Center for Advising & Student Achievement. Click SCHEDULE AN ADVISING APPOINTMENT to set up an appointment with an Academic Advisor.
Who is my Faculty Advisor?
- Instructions on how to find your Faculty Advisor can be found here.
How do I contact my Faculty Advisor?
- Your Assigned Faculty Advisor may allow online scheduling on Starfish. Under “My Success Network” in Starfish, click on your advisor’s profile. If your advisor has a “Schedule Appointment” link in their profile, you can set up an appointment online.
- Students can also connect with their Faculty Advisor through email. You can find your Faculty Advisor’s contact information in the Directory, or simply log into your Office 365 email, create a new message, and type your advisor’s name in the “To” field. The email address will appear in the “To” field.
If you need specific advising including career or transfer advising, you may want to set up an appointment with a specific advisor. Please see the list below for advisors and their respective specialties:
|Advisor Name and Email||Advising Specialty|
Cat Carter – CCarter@Asnuntuck.edu
Academic & Career Advisor
Amanda Looney-Goetz – ALooney-Goetz@Asnuntuck.edu
Academic & Transfer Advisor
Yhara Zelinka – YZelinka@Asnuntuck.edu
Academic Advisor & Title IX/Diversity Coordinator
|Title IX Concerns|
Tommi DeMichael – TDeMichael@Asnuntuck.edu
Advising Services Assistant
|General Advising Questions|
Jill Rushbrook – JRushbrook@Asnuntuck.edu
Director, Center for Advising and Student Achievement
- On Probation? Any advisor can assist you.
- On Suspension? You must email the Dean of Students, Tim St. James.