Student Tutoring Center Guide
Scheduling an Appointment
- The services of the Academic Tutoring Center are available, at no cost, for students enrolled in courses at Asnuntuck Community College. Students can only receive tutoring for the courses they take at Asnuntuck.
- Students are allowed one 45 minute appointment per week, per subject. Daily 45 minute appointments for the same subject/assignment cannot be accommodated. Students are welcome to work on assignments in the Tutoring Center, and if available, tutors can provide limited assistance.
- Students are encouraged to schedule appointments for tutoring in advance, except during drop-in math hours.
- Walk-ins are welcome, but are subject to tutor availability.
- If you are late for a session, the time will not be added to the end of your session. In other words, if your session is scheduled for 10:15 AM – 11:00 AM and you do not arrive until 10:25 AM, your session will still end at 11:00 AM. In addition, if you are more than 10 minutes late, your scheduled time may be offered to another student.
- Tutoring sessions will not be scheduled more than one week in advance. We do not schedule standing appointments. Students must call or come in to make their own appointments.
- Math Drop-In Hours are held Monday to Thursday, from 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM, and on Saturday from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. No individual tutoring sessions are scheduled during these times.
- If you cannot attend your scheduled session, please call the Academic Tutoring Center to cancel. The phone number is 860-253-3164. More than two “no-shows” may jeopardize your tutoring privileges.
- Additional tutoring help is available online at eTutoringonline.org. Online tutoring is available in math, writing, accounting, statistics, biology, chemistry, and anatomy and physiology. Please note: eTutoring is only available during Fall & Spring semesters.
- In addition to a copy of the assignment/s you are working on, bring the course syllabus, text/s, and your notes. Please complete the assigned readings and come prepared with your questions.
- The ATC is a place that students use to study; therefore, loud and/or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated—please be considerate of others. If your behavior is disruptive to the learning process, you will be asked to leave the ATC.
- Cell phones should be shut off during your tutoring session. If you are expecting an important phone call, place your phone on vibrate and answer the call outside of the library in the main hallway.
- Be aware of headphone volume—if the audio is loud enough to be heard by those around you, please turn it down.
Food and Drinks
Food is not allowed in the ATC. If you bring a drink into the Academic Tutoring Center, please make sure it has a lid. Please be considerate of other students and staff. Pickup after yourself. There are wastebaskets located by the entrance into the Academic Tutoring Center, and there is an additional wastebasket located by the copy machine.
- The copy machine is for tutor use only. There is a copy machine in the library students can use for 10 cents a page.
- Students receive 350 free computer prints per semester. To reset your print quota, please see a Librarian.
- Print jobs of over 20 pages are discouraged. Your print job may be interrupted if there is a queue.
*Please call 860-253-3164 for summer schedule details.