Spring 2021: Student Guide to On-Campus Library Services
Asnuntuck Community College, Room 119
Spring 2021 On-Ground Hours:
Monday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Tuesday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm; 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Please Note: Due to Covid-19 protocols, the ACC Library will provide both on-campus and online appointments. On-campus hours and appointments are limited, and services will be provided by appointment only. Additional remote, online library services with ACC librarians will also be available in Microsoft Teams. Sign into your free school Microsoft Teams account by clicking here; online appointments may be requested in advance. All Library sessions generally last for one hour.
These precautions are designed to keep students and staff safe. Please understand we are focused on maintaining student access to services, while limiting students and staff exposure to unnecessary risk. The Library staff remain committed to serving students and helping them achieve their highest academic potential to the best of our abilities during this challenging time.
Scheduling an Appointment for On-Campus (in person) Library Services:
- Appointments for on-campus Library services may schedule in advance but no more than one week in advance.
- To request an appointment, click here. Standing appointments are not allowed.
- Four types of appointments/requests are available: (1) Requesting a computer; (2) Requesting a computer with an attached scanner; (3) Requesting a table for quiet study; and (4) Requesting a reference/research appointment with a librarian.
- Students who need to pick up a book(s) will be directed to the Information Desk near the entrance of the school.
- The end time for students who arrive late to a library appointment will remain the same. Time will not be added to the end of a session. In other words, if a session is scheduled for 10:00 am – 11:00 am and the student does not arrive until 10:25 am, the session will still end at 11:00 am.
- If a student cannot attend their scheduled session, please cancel or reschedule the appointment by using our online scheduling system, Microsoft Bookings. If a student needs to cancel on the day of their appointment, please call us at 860-253-3170 or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparing for an on-campus library visit:
- Everyone must follow all Asnuntuck Covid-19 protocols including wearing a mask and maintaining (6) feet of physical distance (social distancing).
- If students are requesting a reference/research appointment with a librarian, please send relevant materials, such as research topics, copies of the specific assignment, before the on-campus sessions via email email@example.com or using Microsoft Teams (see this website for instructions). Please be informed that access to certain office supplies will not be available.
- Due to COVID-19 social distancing recommendations, the entrance to the ACC Library will remain locked. When you arrive, please sign in at the front door and a staff member will allow you into the area. Only students with appointments will be allowed into the area.
- Please come to your scheduled session prepared.
- Cell phones should be shut off or set to vibrate while in the Library.
- Students are required to wipe down their workstations/tables and any office supplies they have used when they leave.
- Students will be reminded five minutes before their appointment ends to allow time for them to pick up their belongings and disinfect their workstation or table.
- Students needing additional access to computers will be directed to schedule time to work in a Computer Lab in rooms 212 & 214 (room numbers are subject to change), which will be available to students for 2 hour blocks of time and be open during college operating hours.
- Students seeking additional Library assistance may also access ACC librarians for remote, online Chat/Video via Microsoft Teams (Monday to Thursday, 9:00-6:00; Friday, 9:00-4:30).
Limitations for On-campus Appointments (enforced in conjunction with campus Security & the Dean of Student Services):
- Per Asnuntuck COVID-19 Guidelines, we ask that students wear their masks (over the nose and mouth) while in the Library.
- Students unwilling to follow institutional protocols while on-campus will be asked to leave the area.
- Sanitize your hands at the sanitizing station upon entry into and exit from the Library.
- Library staff will limit access to students with on-ground appointments to maintain strict room occupancy limits.
- Student presence in the Library will be limited to a maximum of 13 students per hour. Students will be allowed to stay longer than their scheduled hour if space is available.
- Please be advised, due to COVID-19 guidelines, access to in person Tutoring services will not be available when on-campus Library services are conducted. Access to remote Tutoring services will be available during all designated Academic Tutoring Center hours.