I love my career as a Massage Therapist.
Massage Therapy (A.S.)
Asnuntuck Community College is currently offering this Associates Degree. Massage Therapy students can utilize financial aid to pay for the degree. On average, about 8 students are enrolled in this degree each semester. Upon completing the Massage Therapy Associates degree, the students will be able to work in both Connecticut as well as Massachusetts. The student must pass the Massage Board Licensing Exam (MBLEx) prior to obtaining Connecticut licensure. Asnuntuck Community College currently has a 100% pass rate on this exam. Asnuntuck currently has employers waiting for the students to graduate. This is a ratio of five jobs for every one student. The national trend in Massage Therapy is moving into the Associate Degree program.
- Perform a full body massage using and integrating effleurage, petrissage, vibration, friction and tapotement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology.
- Understand the origin, insertion and actions of the muscles of the upper and lower body.
- Understand Pathologies and how to work safely and effectively with those using massage therapy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of Massage Therapy.
- Understand the physiological effects of massage therapy on all of the 11 body systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of massage ethics and how to handle ethical dilemmas.
- Understand business practices of massage therapy; understand the various types of employment.
- Demonstrate the kinesthetic concepts and how they apply to massage therapy.
As of the Fall 2023 semester, the Community Colleges will merge and become Connecticut State Community College (CT State), a statewide college comprised of all Connecticut’s current community college locations. Further details can be found and will be updated on the Frequently Asked Questions page: www.ct.edu/ctstate/academics.
Please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly.
The clinic is open to the public and is provided under supervision of licensed massage therapists. Massages will be scheduled between May 22, 2023 and Aug 16, 2023, Monday through Thursday and Saturday mornings. Appointments are not booked outside of these times. Massages will be in 50 minute increments. You may choose to book 2 back to back sessions totaling 100 minutes (cannot be booked for last appointment slot of the day).
We accept cash, Mastercard, Visa, and personal checks. Exact change is recommended if paying in cash. Note that tips are not allowed by state law. You can help the students by re-booking and spreading the word about the clinic so the students can complete the required hours quickly.
Please note that there are no current COVID-19 requirements for masking. Clients and therapists may choose to wear a mask, if desired. We reserve the right to change this, dependent upon school policy.
For more information regarding the massage clinic please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://asnuntuck.edu/spa-salon-services-at-acc/
Use the QR code to quickly access the booking site will be posted soon.