Dear Potential Graduate:
2020 Commencement will be held at Symphony Hall in Springfield, Massachusetts, on Thursday, May 21, 2020. Students applying for May 2020 graduation must complete a Graduation Application by April 1, 2020. See the Graduation FAQ page for more details. Students should consult DegreeWorks to track their progress toward graduation.
The details below are pertinent to last year’s graduation event. Please check this page later in the spring 2020 semester for updated information.
- Cap and Gown: Caps and gowns will be available for pick up at Follett’s Bookstore at Asnuntuck Community College May 6th through May 23rd. For the week of May 6th through May 10th, the bookstore hours are: Monday – Thursday 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM; Friday 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM. For the week of May 13th through May 18th, the bookstore hours are: Monday – Thursday 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM; Friday 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM, and Saturday 9:00 PM – 1:00 PM. For the week of Graduation May 20th through May 23rd, the bookstore hours are: Monday – Wednesday 8:30 PM – 4:00 PM; Thursday (graduation day) 8:30 – 4:00 PM. You MUST pick up your cap and gown no later than Thursday, May 23rd at 4:00 PM. Please contact Karen Dardanelli at 860-253-1200 if you are unable to pick up your items during these times.
- Graduation Information Packet: A Graduation Information Packet will be given to you when you pick up your gown in the bookstore. Each packet will contain additional information about pictures, directions to the event, along with a parking voucher and any additional details such as those listed below.
- PTK Honors Stole, High and Highest Honors, and Veteran Cords: Members of Phi Theta Kappa have already received their gold stole at their induction ceremony. For any questions about PTK, please contact Thayre Trzepacz at 860.253.3156. Students graduating with a 3.7 Q.P.A. or higher in a degree program will receive a gold honor cord the day of graduation at check in. Veteran students will receive cords when they pick up their cap and gown at the bookstore.
- Survey: Please take a few moments to complete the “Future Plans” survey and return it to the Information Center.
- Pictures: You may pre-order your graduation pictures. Studio-style photos are optional and will be taken prior to the Commencement on Tuesday, May 21st in the ACC Auditorium from 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM or on graduation day, Thursday, May 23rd at Symphony Hall in Springfield, MA prior to the start of the ceremony. Pictures may also be taken during the ceremony. Completed order forms may be mailed to Czarnecki Photography. See order form for detailed information or contact Czarnecki Photography at 860-654-1962.
- Tickets: You may invite as many guests as you like to Commencement. Tickets are NOT required.
- Parking Voucher Enclosed in each packet is ONE free parking voucher to be used at the I-91 South or the Civic Parking Garage. Please present the parking voucher to the parking attendant upon entrance to the parking garage. Parking vouchers cannot be replaced. The regular cost for parking is $10.00 per vehicle. Driving directions
- Graduation Ceremony: Starts promptly at 6:00 PM on Thursday, May 23, 2019. Line-up of graduates will begin at 5:00 PM. Please be at Symphony Hall no later than 5:00 PM.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Information Center at 860-253-3012.
On behalf of the Graduation Committee
- meet with your advisor to review degree audit
- submit your Graduation Application to the Registrar’s Office
- ensure that ACC has proof of High School or GED completion
- meet all financial obligations (tuition, bookstore, library, etc.)
- if using credits from other colleges, ensure ACC has an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT & Application for Transfer Credit on file
More details can be found on our Graduation FAQ page.