Questions about Advising? Find answers to frequently asked questions here! Other helpful information housed here includes CSCU IT Help Desk Information, Steps for a Successful Advising Appointment, ACC’s Guide to myCommNet, and more.
Advising Frequently Asked Questions
Use either Starfish or my.commnet.edu Self Service to view your assigned advisor’s information:
- Log into my.commnet.edu
- Click the Starfish Login Link
- Click “My Success Network” from the homepage to view your Assigned Advisor’s name and contact information.
- Log into my.commnet.edu
- Click the “Banner Student & Faculty Self-Service” link on the right side
- Select Asnuntuck Community College
- Click “Student Records”
- Click “Advisor & Major” and select current term
- Your assigned advisor’s name will be listed under “Primary Advisor”
- Contact your faculty advisor to schedule an appointment.
- Run a degree evaluation using DegreeWorks. Simply log in to my.commnet.edu, click DegreeWorks, and a degree evaluation will automatically display.
- View “not met” requirements and check for prerequisites that you need to take by clicking on courses listed in DegreeWorks.
- Write down questions you want to ask your advisor as well as graduation requirement issues that need to be resolved.
- Know when you are available to take classes. Check the current course offerings. Prepare a draft schedule using the Schedule Worksheet.
How to Register Online
- Go to my.commnet.edu.
- Log in using your NetID and password
- Click on “Banner Student & Faculty Self-Service”
- Click on “Registration/Schedule”
- Click on “Class Registration”
- Either enter Course Registration Numbers (CRN’s) found on the course schedule into the boxes OR click “Class Search” to find courses that will that will work with your schedule. Once you select courses using the “Course Search”, the CRN will automatically be put into the registration box.
- Click “Submit” to register and confirm payment for classes.
CSCU IT Help Desk
The Connecticut State Colleges and Universities IT Help Desk is a great resource for questions related to myCommNet, BlackBoard, password resets, and more. Students can contact the Help Desk by phone, email, or live chat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Self-help articles and support answers to common questions are available by topic.
Questions about your NET ID or how to reset your password using Microsoft’s security verification methods? You can look up your NET ID, reset your password, and more on the NET ID FAQ page.
Steps for a Successful Advising Appointment
The first step to a successful advising appointment is to establish contact with your Faculty Advisor. To find out who your Faculty Advisor is, you can look in myCommNet, DegreeWorks, or in Starfish. The Faculty Advisor’s contact information can be found on ACC’s Staff and Faculty Directory webpage. Faculty Advisors have office hours to meet with students.
Prior to meeting with your Faculty Advisor, you should check your Degree Works audit. The Degree Works link can be found in myCommNet and instructions on how to check your audit can be found on ACC’s FAQs: Degree Works for Students page. Your audit will allow you to see all of the courses you have completed at ACC and which courses you have yet to completed to finish your degree.
In addition to checking your Degree Works audit, you should have your unofficial transcript and an updated program sheet available for advising.
Be sure to be on time for your appointment! Faculty Advisors set aside appointment time to meet with you, so it’s critical to use the time effectively. Ask the questions you have prepared. Remember, your advisor is a great resource and wants to help you succeed.
Keep in touch with your Faculty Advisor. You will have the same advisor throughout your time at ACC. Seek out additional resources as necessary.